Friday, August 12, 2011

Nautical Wedding Cake

HUGE thanks to Kate and Sam of Kate Botwinski Photography for sending me multiple images of this cake I did two weeks ago.  I have to tell you what a pleasure it is to receive photos from photographers.  It's like seeing your work through someone else's eyes.  I enjoy seeing the cake from different angles that I may not have noticed before.  This is why I'm not a photographer!  You can visit Kate's blog for more stunning photos of the wedding, held at White Bear Yacht Club (Hello, Claire!).

This is a riff on a cake design I came up with a couple years ago.  We tweaked it a little, changing the layers and colors, and adding the anchor topper, which is made from white chocolate and planted with edible silver.  When I saw the photo of the ring pillow afterwards on the blog, I couldn't believe how perfectly they matched!




Working on two pretty cakes for weddings tomorrow that I can't wait to share with you!
Love,
Rachel

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Beautiful and full of gorgeous details. Love the silver touches and the cinched bows with pink. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Om non nom